At The Rugby Sportive, we make the following commitments to you:
- We will only ever process or retain your data if we have a legal basis for doing so.
- We will always be transparent about the data we hold on you and what we do with it.
- We will only collect the minimum data we need for an agreed purpose, no more.
- We will take steps where possible to make sure that data is accurate and up-to-date.
- We will keep your data safe and secure.
- We will respect and protect your fundamental rights to control YOUR data.
- We will treat any threats to your data as a top-level priority and deal responsibly with any actual loss, compromise or corruption of your data.
If we hold your data on behalf of another organisation
If you are a customer of a company that uses our services or products to process your data, that company is responsible for determining how they use your data and for what purpose(s). We would only ever process your data according to terms agreed with that company when they sign up to our services. If you would like further information on this, please contact the company that collected your data. If you have any concerns on how The Rugby Sportive is processing your data on another company’s behalf, please get in touch with our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org as we would be happy to assist in any way we can.
What personal data do we collect?
When you browse our website, or open and interact with one of our emails, we collect unique identifiers such as your IP address, browser type, click rates and trackable website usage (for example, which of our website pages you have visited).
If you complete one of our website forms and/or are a potential client, we will collect any of the following pieces of information:
- Your Name
- Your Address (personal or corporate)
- Your Email Address (personal or corporate)
- Your Phone Number (personal or corporate)
- Job Title / Company
- Other Information Publicly Available (e.g. your LinkedIn profile)
- CCTV Images (if you visit our offices)
If you have signed, or are in the process of signing, a contract agreement with us, we will also collect the following:
- Billing Information
For clarity, we do not collect any personal data classed as ‘Special Categories’ under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for our own purposes.
How do we collect your data?
If you decide to sign up to one of our products or services, we will request information from you where it is required to enable us to effectively meet our contractual obligations to you.
How will we use your data?
If you are a user of our website forms and/or a potential client, we will use the data collected to market products and services to you that we think you are likely to be interested in. If you receive any such communications, and no longer wish to recieve further communication please email us at email@example.com and express your interest in being removed from the mailing list.
The data we collect when you browse our website is used to understand and manage the usage of our website.
When you sign up to a service or product with us, the information collected as part of contractual arrangements is used to deliver our products and services to you.
Why do we collect this data?
We only collect (minimal) data for marketing purposes if we believe our products and services are likely to be relevant to, and useful for, your business.
If we collect data as part of providing a product or service to you, we require it in order to meet our contractual obligations effectively. For example, we would need to know who we should contact in your business to provide notification of service updates.
How long will we keep your data?
We will only keep your data as long as it is required for the processing purposes outlined in section “How Will We Use Your Data?”.
This does not preclude that in certain circumstances you have an absolute right to request that we stop using and/or delete your data; for example, if we are relying on legitimate interests to use it for direct marketing. In these cases, we will always uphold such a request. See the next section ‘How Can You Control How Your Data Is Processed?’ for further information on making such a request.
How can you control how your data is processed
Depending on the reason for processing your data, you can request the following:
- Access to your data (i.e. a view of the data we hold on you).
- Amendments to your data (for example, if we have an incorrect address).
- Restrictions on how we use your data (if you are happy for it to be used for some processing, but not others).
- Deletion of your data (if you want us to ‘forget’ you entirely).
- Transfer of your data (for example, to another provider).
- Raise an objection to how we process your data (if you disagree with how, or why, we are processing it).
To raise a request, please contact the Data Protection Officer whose contact details can be found in section ‘How Can You Find Out More?’.