All participants in The Rugby Sportive agree to the following terms and conditions:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. You accept that the event you are entering is not a race in any format. There will not be a list published which sorts riders either in finishing order or finishing time. An alphabetical list of finishers and times will be published. Anyone considered to be competing against others will be stopped from riding and banned from entering future events.
2. You are fully responsible for your actions whilst attending the event. The Rugby Sportive do not accept responsibility for your actions nor their consequences.
3. The requirement on a participant is to ide to the highway code at all times, obey all road signs and any further directions or instructions as given by marshals. All participants must exercise their duty of care showing consideration for each other and those not involved in the event.
4.. You must not drop or leave any litter on any part of the route but dispose of it responsibly at an appropriate place or bin. Any rider found littering will be disqualified from the event.
5. You are expected to respect the roads, villages and countryside that the events travel through. It should be remembered that this is both a working landscape and home to many communities. If you stop for a comfort break you are asked to do so discretely and appropriately and not to cause any offence to local residents or other riders.
6. You are requested to ride in single file where appropriate and no more than 2 abreast at any time. Please be aware of your fellow cyclists, other road users, and any other traffic and always indicate your intention to stop or change direction.
7. Participants who are passed by the broom wagon will be judged to be riding too slowly to reach food stations, marshal points or the finish before they are closed. They will be required to withdraw from the event and surrender their rider number. If they elect to continue riding they will be unsupported. The entry fee will not be refunded in such circumstances.
8. All participants under the age of 18 must have had a consent form completed by their parent or guardian. The Rugby Sportive will email consent forms for completion prior to the event. Consent forms should be handed in when registering. Blank forms will be available for completion.
9. Under 16’s need to be accompanied by an adult on the ride who is responsible for them at all times.
10. All participants must wear a safety-approved cycling helmet complying with latest EN1078 standard during their participation in the event. Helmets will be inspected at the event registration and any rider without a helmet will not be allowed to ride. In these circumstances no refunds will be made.
11. Participants are responsible for the roadworthiness, safe working order and suitability for the event of their own bicycle. If there is poor or little light then front and rear lights must be used.
12. You may use an e-bike at the event and it must be fully compliant with UK law. E-bike riders agree to ride legally, appropriately and considerately at all times.
13. Triathlon handlebars or other bar extensions must not be used in this event for safety reasons.
14. Participants must carry a suitable bicycle repair kit to maintain the serviceability of their bike in the event of punctures or other minor mechanical failures. Mechanical support at the event is for emergency only.
15. All riders must carry a form of identification in case of accident.
16. No accompanying vehicles are allowed to follow riders.
17. We reserve the right to refuse entry to the event to anyone with inappropriate equipment or clothing.
18. Upon signing the Event Registration Form or purchasing an entry, you agree that you are physically and mentally capable of riding the distance you have chosen. If during the event you decide to change the route or distance, you do so at your own risk.
19. During the event, there will be warning signs at appropriate points on the roads. The absence of these signs does not signal that there are no dangers approaching and it is your responsibility to decide whether to ride a section or not. The marking of the route does not necessarily indicate that the road is rideable and you are deemed to make your own decision about whether to proceed on bike, foot or not at all.
20. We reserve the right to shorten or alter the published route at any time. You do not have the right to claim a refund if the route is shortened or altered.
21. The function of marshals on public roads is only to indicate direction and riders must decide whether a movement is safe. Marshals cannot hold up other traffic and you must rely on your own judgement whether the road is safe.
22. You will be fully responsible for any fees or costs incurred or arising from an accident either involving or caused by you. This includes, but is not exclusive to, fees from Police, Air Ambulance, Fire and Rescue and the Ambulance service. If the situation arises that you are not capable of making the decision to call the emergency services, you agree that a member of our Team or a member of the public may call on your behalf. In this situation, you still accept the costs and consequences of such actions.
23. Participation in the event is at your own risk.
24. We strongly recommend each rider organises their own personal insurance cover.
25. By participating in the event, you confirm and agree that we and third parties authorised by us may record you via photographs, film, audio, audio-visual or other recording, still or moving, during the event (“Recordings”). We shall own all rights in such recordings and you hereby (i) assign to us any and all present and future copyright, performance rights and any other right, title and interest in and to the Recordings and you hereby waive the benefit of any law known as “moral rights”; (ii) agree that we may use the Recordings for any purpose at our sole discretion including in any marketing and/or publicity materials, and on any website and social media; and (iii) agree that the Recordings may be altered, edited and/or modified (e.g. combined with other images, text, graphics and/or sound). You hereby release us from any and all liability from such use and promotion and specifically waive any right to any compensation you may have for appearing in any of the Recordings.
26. Event entry fees cannot be refunded or transferred under any circumstances.
27. We reserve the right to cancel any event due to circumstances beyond their control such as extreme weather conditions. If is is practicable to reschedule the date each entrant will be notified by email of the new date and each participants entry will automatically be moved to the rescheduled event. If you can't make the rescheduled event, you must notify the organisers by email within 3 days of receiving notification and your entry fee will be reimbursed less a £10 administration cost.
28. If there is no rescheduled event or cancellation takes place before the event starts entrants will be reimbursed with their entry fee less a £10 administration cost.
29. Entrants will not be entitled to any other claim or payment for consequential or other loss or damage whether cancellation, postponement or delays are before the event starts or not.
30. No reimbursement of entry fees will be made where cancellation or postponement or temporary delay or suspension takes place after the start of the event.
Your Personal Information
31. The organisers or their agent will maintain a registration database for all entrants and their chosen emergency contact. Information will be collected, stored and processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018.
32. Participants agree that no liability whatsoever is attached to The Rugby Sportive, Corsham Rugby Club, or any event official or volunteer in respect of any injury, loss or damage suffered by the participant in or by reason of the event, unless such injury, loss or damage is caused by the negligence of the aforementioned.
33. This agreement constitutes the whole agreement between the parties.
34. Any failure by any party to enforce or to exercise at any time any term or any right under this agreement shall not be deemed to be a waiver of that term or right and shall not affect that party’s right to enforce or exercise it later.
35. If any term or part of this agreement is found to be illegal or unenforceable or partly so it shall be deemed to be severed and omitted from the agreement and shall not affect the validity of the remainder or the agreement or term as the case may be.
36. The laws of England and Wales shall govern this agreement.